IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Cue Card | A Place Near Water

Describe a place near water you enjoyed visiting

You should say:
  • where it is
  • when you went there
  • what you did there
and explain why you enjoyed visiting that place.

listen

Sample Answer

Last summer, I had the opportunity to visit a place that holds a special place in my heart: Acadia National Park on the coast of Maine. The rugged beauty of the landscape, where the Atlantic Ocean meets the granite cliffs, is truly breathtaking.

During my trip in July, the weather was perfect for exploring. I spent most of my days hiking along the trails that hugged the coastline. One particularly memorable hike was Beehive Trail, which took me up a series of granite rock faces with iron rungs for support. It was a bit of a challenge, but the panoramic view of the ocean and surrounding islands from the top was absolutely worth it.

Of course, no trip to Acadia is complete without spending some time on the water. I took a kayaking tour through Bar Harbor, which allowed me to get up close to some of the park's iconic lighthouses and spot some harbor seals basking on the rocks. Being out on the water and feeling the cool ocean spray was a refreshing and peaceful experience.

Overall, what made my visit to Acadia National Park so enjoyable was the perfect combination of stunning scenery, outdoor activities, and a sense of serenity. It was a place where I could truly connect with nature and disconnect from the daily grind.

Popular posts from this blog

Which facilities are most important to people living in cities?

Describe an occasion when you had to do something in a hurry

What did you study in history lessons when you were at school?

Why have cities increased in size in recent years? | 3 Reasons

What kinds of monuments do tourists in your country enjoy visiting?