Speaking Tests IELTS 17 - Describe a big city you would like to visit


How to answer "Describe a big city you would like to visit"

Model Answer

Describe a big city you would like to visit

There are so many big cities in the world that it's hard to choose just one to visit. But if I had to pick one, I think I would choose London. I've always been fascinated by England and its history, and London is such a beautiful, cosmopolitan city. It would be amazing to see all the sights – from Buckingham Palace and Big Ben to the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. And of course, I would have to do some shopping on Oxford Street and eat my way through Notting Hill!

I would probably fly into Heathrow Airport and then take the train into the city center. Once there, I would want to visit all the major tourist attractions as well as wander around some of the more local neighborhoods. I would love to see a play in the West End, visit the British Museum, and take a ride on the London Eye. And I would definitely make time for afternoon tea!

I think I would love the city's energy and diversity. London is such a cosmopolitan city with so much to offer. I would also love the opportunity to eat lots of delicious food from all over the world!

I have a friend who was in London a few years ago and she said it was one of her favorite cities. She loved the museums, the architecture, and the food. I think it would be an amazing experience to visit a city with such rich history and culture.

London is such a vibrant city with so much to see and do. I can't wait to visit one day soon! Hopefully next year...fingers crossed!

Follow-up question: What are some of your favorite cities to visit?

Some of my other favorite cities to visit include Paris, New York City, and Los Angeles. I love the energy and excitement of big cities! They always have something new and interesting to explore.



Popular posts from this blog

Which facilities are most important to people living in cities?

Describe an occasion when you had to do something in a hurry

What did you study in history lessons when you were at school?

Why have cities increased in size in recent years? | 3 Reasons

What kinds of monuments do tourists in your country enjoy visiting?