Describe A person You Met Recently (and would like to know better)

Describe a person you recently met with again

You should say:
  • who the person was
  • where you met with him/her
  • why you met with him/her again
and explain why you would like to get to know this person better.


A person you recently met with again - sample answer

About two months ago, I met a guy through work when I went to a meeting with some clients. He was working at the company I had to go to for the meeting, but I didn’t know that when I first met him.

On my way to the meeting, I grabbed a quick coffee from a coffee shop close to the office; that’s where I first bumped into him.

He was in front of me in the line but I didn’t notice him at first. I was thinking about everything I wanted to cover during the meeting.

Anyway, finally, I got to the front of the line and it was my turn to pay, but when I offered the barista my money, she explained that the guy in front of me had paid it forward for the next customer.

I didn’t understand at first, so she explained to me that sometimes customers who want to do a nice thing for others pay for the order that follows them as a nice surprise for the next customer.

It worked; I was surprised and thought it was a good idea so I did the same and paid for the person behind me.

Grabbing my coffee, I headed out the door and I was in such a rush I bumped into the same guy just outside the door. I apologized and realized it was the guy who had been in front of me in the line and paid for my coffee.

I thanked him and told him it was very nice of him. Then I turned and started walking towards the office and he turned and started walking in the same direction.

I thought this was a bit odd, but then he asked me where I work and I told him and explained that this morning I was attending a meeting at a company around the corner, and told him the name of the company.

He smiled at me and explained that he worked there and that’s where he was going now. So he asked me if he could walk with me.

He was nice, I liked him, and when we arrived at the company he made sure I knew where to go for the meeting, and then said goodbye.

So, fast forward to a few days ago, and I had to attend a meeting with someone who was coming about the previous meeting I told you about – but I would never have guessed what happened next.

When I walked into the meeting room which had been reserved, the guy from the coffee shop was sitting there waiting for me.

Apparently we were both working on the same project, but in different companies, and he had come to attend the meeting with me that day.

As I said earlier, I liked him and enjoyed talking to him, and I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again before the project is finished, and that’s good because I would like to get to know him better because he seems nice and we got on well the last time we met.

Follow-up question: In general, do you like meeting people for the first time?

I’ve never really thought about it – I suppose it’s something I just do. You see, I meet many people all the time because of my work, but I’ve never considered if it’s something I like doing.

I guess when I meet people outside of work I find it extremely easy to strike up a conversation, and I don’t mind when someone starts talking to me.




Popular posts from this blog

Why is architecture such a popular university subject?

Which facilities are most important to people living in cities?

What kinds of monuments do tourists in your country enjoy visiting?

Describe Your Favorite Advertisement - Why Do You Like It?

Why have cities increased in size in recent years? | 3 Reasons